- Grant Projects
Disaster Relief Foundation Recovery Support Grants 2012
The Mitsubishi Corporation Disaster Relief Foundation operates a monetary grant system to support the activities of associations, such as NPOs and NGOs, that are involved in supporting restoration and recovery for the afflicted regions.
Name of grant
Mitsubishi Corporation Disaster Relief Foundation Recovery Support Grants 2012
maximum 2.5 million JPY per project [total amount in FY2012: approx. 0.5 billion JPY]
Period of grants
From April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013
(1) Social welfare corporations, public interest incorporated associations or public interest incorporated foundations engaged in restoration and recovery-related activities with respect to the Great East Japan Earthquake.
(2) NGOs and NPOs engaged in restoration and recovery-related activities with respect to the Great East Japan Earthquake that are currently active.
(3) Non-profit organizations recognized by the Foundation to be equivalent to (1) or (2) above.
(1) Associations that received grants in FY2011 are eligible to apply for grants again.
(2) During screening of applications, the Foundation may request additional documentation.
(3) When an association receives a grant, the grant funds are deposited into a bank account in the name of the association once the required procedures have been completed. Funds cannot be deposited into individual bank accounts such as accounts of association representatives.
Disaster Relief Foundation Scholarship Funds (Great East Japan Earthquake)
The Mitsubishi Corporation Disaster Relief Foundation has established a scholarship system to be of assistance to students for whose education has been affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
Name of scholarship
Mitsubishi Corporation Disaster Relief Foundation Scholarship Funds (Great East Japan Earthquake)
Number of available scholarships
Approx. 500 (ongoing and new)
Undergraduate, PhD and junior college students in Japan, as of April 2012, whose education has been affected by economic circumstances resulting from fire, flooding or similar problems caused by the Great East Japan Earthquake, which occurred on March 11, 2011 (hereafter "the Earthquake").
Criteria regarding family finances: Students regarding whom their university has recognized that they have a high level of economic hardship following a sudden change in family finances due to the impact of the Earthquake.
Academic criteria: Students who are highly motivated to learn.
100,000 JPY per month
Period of provision
From April 2012 to March 2013 (one year). It is possible to re-apply every year until FY2014.
However, provision of the scholarship funds may be terminated in cases where, during the period of provision, the student graduates, is absent for a long period, takes leave of absence, repeats a school year, or the student is judged to be unsuitable as a recipient of the scholarship funds.
It is not necessary for students who received scholarship funds in FY2011 and wish to continue to receive them in FY2012 to apply for the scholarship again.